Configure email settings
When working on a wiki with a group of people, you may want to keep track of changes. There are several ways to do this. First, you have to configure your email options.
- Mouseover your name on the navigation toolbar at the top, then click Settings.
- Under Your Settings, click Email.
- Click the Edit button.
- You should choose the HTML email format. Check Show changed content and Show full content. This will show the changes that were made as well as show the page as it currently stands.
- Click Submit.
- To watch a specific page, go to that page, then click Watch.
- You can also watch an entire wiki. Mouseover Browse, then click Advanced.
- Under Subscribe, click Start watching this space.
Tracking changes may result in a flood of emails as an email notification is sent every time a page is saved.
To reduce the impact of a deluge of notification emails, you should:
- Make sure that your inbox has plenty of space.
- Set up filters for the notification emails so that they are redirected to a specific folder in your email.
- Remember to uncheck Notify watchers? if you have only made a small change to that page. Unchecking this box prevents an email notification from being sent.