Breakout rooms allow you to split your students into their discussion groups. The Host can split them automatically or manually.
- Up to 50 breakout rooms can be created
- Breakout room Host can split them automatically or manually.
- There can be up to 50 Breakout Rooms per meeting, maximum of 200 per room
- Breakout Room participants have full audio, video and screen share capabilities
- Hosts can move between Breakout Rooms
- While in a Breakout Room, participants can request help from a host
You can also share Participating in Breakout Rooms with your students for some information on using breakout rooms as a participant.
Launch Breakout Rooms from the Host Controls during a meeting
- Start an instant or scheduled meeting.
- Click Breakout Rooms.
- Select the number of rooms you would like to create, and how you would like to assign your participants to those rooms:
- Automatically: Let Zoom split your participants up evenly into each of the rooms
- Manually: Choose which participants you would like in each room
- Click Create Breakout Rooms.
- Your rooms will be created, but will not start automatically. You can manage the rooms prior to starting them by following the instructions below.
- Click Breakout Rooms in the meeting controls.
- Click Broadcast a message to all, enter your message and click Broadcast.
- The message will now appear for all participants in Breakout Rooms.
Preassigning Breakout Rooms